Tuesday 19 November 2013

South Africa pt. II

Hello again!
After 20 hours of travelling I have finally touched down in Cape Town and settled into my hotel. I traveled with Turkish Airlines and started my journey in Oslo where I took an 18:15 flight to Istanbul where we had an intermediate stop before boarding a 00:55 flight to our final destination - Cape Town, which we did not reach until 13:10. The overall price for my tickets was 4110 kr.

The hotel in which I am staying at here in Cape Town is the "Double Tree by Hilton Cape Town" and it is located in the Upper East Side of the city. I am planing on staying here for a two full weeks and the price I am paying for a single room is 4829 kr for all 14 nights. I am rather surprised with the hotel here! It is much nicer than what I had anticipated.

(Sidenote: The currency here is South African rand, so be prepared with those once you get here!)

South Africa is, as you would have already guessed, located in the south of the continent of Africa. It has borders with Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. South Africa has a huge coast line which makes the country an attractive tourist destination. The population stands at about 53 million people today which makes South Africa the 24th most populated country in the world.

Around 80% of South Africans are of black African ancestry. 9% of the population today is white which is a result of South Africa being a colony of multiple European countries.

During my stay in South Africa I have planned on going on a little journey, possibly a Safari, and then we'll see what this beautiful place will bring to me. I want to visit a couple of different places other than Cape Town. I am not interested in just staying at my room the whole time, I am here to experience new things.
Now I really need to go to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open.
Talk to you soon!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.google.no/search?q=south+africa+map&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=o5OLUq7NOOiO4ATjtIE4&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1241&bih=592#q=south%20africa%20world%20map&revid=766200151&safe=off&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=9sEsfxoZa8GqZM%3A%3BxMcZp1DWbbLhBM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.worldatlas.com%252Fwebimage%252Fcountrys%252Fafrica%252Fzaafrica.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.worldatlas.com%252Fwebimage%252Fcountrys%252Fafrica%252Fza.htm%3B320%3B350
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment